Piped Culvert (450 Millimetre Pipe)
Date published: 30 March, 2015
This is for the installation of a 450 millimetre twin-wall plastic culvert pipe (must be required as part of path construction or upgrading).
Piped culvert (450 millimetres):
- excavate trench by machine
- lay sub-base in bottom of trench
- place twin-wall plastic pipe on sub-base
- cover pipe and back fill trench with sub-base
- build 150 to 450 millimetre thick stone headwalls around pipe ends
Your Woods In and Around Towns Operational Plan and map must detail the number and general location of the piped culverts.
Please ensure you abide by conditions set out in the Forestry Grant Scheme claim form and guidance.
Click 'Download this page' to create a printer-friendly version of this guidance that you can save or print out.