Excavate 'U 'Ditch
Date published: 30 March, 2015
This item is for the digging of new drains or drainage restoration (both must be done in conjunction with path construction or upgrading).
- excavate ditch by machine
- 200–300 millimetre deep channel
- 300–450 millimetres wide at top
- sides angled slightly for stability
- spoil should be spread evenly and neatly on the lower side of the ditch
Your Woods In and Around Towns Operational Plan and map must detail the location and length of ditch.
Please ensure you abide by conditions set out in the Forestry Grant Scheme claim form and guidance.
Click 'Download this page' to create a printer-friendly version of this guidance that you can save or print out.