Agent services - harvesting and marketing
Date published: 2 November, 2016
This is available for landowners who require agent services with relation to dealing with Phytophthora ramorum. Infected sites within the management zone are not eligible for this capital item.
Advisory visit and full service to achieve SPHN requirements and organisation and supervision of extraction, transport and sale of timber in accordance with Health and Safety and road haulage/timber processing licence procedures.
Where the trees to be cut and their location offer an opportunity to recover marketable produce then you have the choice to do so. In this case, the agent will provide the following services:
- making an application for the Tree Health grant funding
- the sourcing and contracting of competent and trained resource to undertake the work
- agreeing costs, in writing, with you before work takes place
- supervision of the work including ensuring that health and safety measures are met
- the measuring and marketing of produce
- organising licences for haulage and secure dispatch
- chasing timely payment for you
- assistance to claim the Tree Health grant funding
- written confirmation of the services provided to accompany grant claim
Please ensure you abide by conditions set out in the Forestry Grant Scheme claim form and guidance.
Click 'Download this page' to create a printable version of this guidance you can save or print out.