Date published: 18 October, 2021
This is a summary of the sector-specific guidance documents issued for farming, crofting and related agricultural businesses and activity. This is provided as guidance only and does not amount to legal advice. Employers may wish to seek their own advice to ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
Guidance updated 14 October 2021
COVID vaccine certificates are needed to get into the following higher risk settings within Scotland:
- indoor events (unseated) with 500 or more people
- outdoor events (unseated) with 4,000 or more people
- any event with more than 10,000 people
Be aware that for vaccine certification checks:
- The person responsible for an event has responsibility for the premises at the time it is taking place, rather than being the person with overall responsibility for the premises.
- A ‘small’ event would have 999 attendees or less (excluding staff and volunteers working at the event) and the expectation would be that a 100% check of every vaccine certificate should, in most cases, be reasonable.
- A ‘large’ event is an event which has 1,000 or more attendees (excluding staff and volunteers working at the event) and the expectation is that 1,000 checks or a 20% check (whichever is higher) of every vaccine certificate should, in most cases, be reasonable.